Bird-themed comics anthology.
Appearance by Howland Owl (of Pogo).
Bolman's contribution is a mass printing of his Naugacomics #392 (as a cardstock centerspread).
Wraparound, cardstock cover.
United Fanzine Organization / Small Press Syndicate memberzine.
[Note: At least one image in this entry was found online (probably at an auction site) and saved for personal use. And then the Database project came along! If you recognize your image we'd like to have your permission and would love to give you credit for your work. Please contact us through Site Info > About in the main menu up top.]
In 1987 Steve Willis announced that he was killing his Morty the Dog character for good this time (or so he said). So the team of Hal Hargit and David Tosh got a bunch of cartoonists together to produce this thick "affectionate tribute/roast/eulogy" for the character (and his creator, of course).
* Morty meets Fritz the Cat (courtesy of D. Tosh)
* a gorgeous Morty centerspread by Jeff Gaither
* Steve Willis as a Matt Feazell stick character
* Wayno's story in which Morty meets Howie the Hat (sort of) and speaks only in lines from classic R&B songs
* Ted Bolman's "The Mortys Steve Didn't Draw"
* an 8½ × 11" fold-out jam by Willis and most of the contributors
Includes fold-out centerspread.
Signed/numbered edition of 75.
There may be more contributors than listed above.
Outside In was a long-running series that collected artist self-portraits. Originally begun by Steve Willis, this issue is from the Edd Vick / Hal Hargit run.
Page 1 of 2